Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hey everyone, I've been asked several times this past couple of weeks as to what is going on with the adoption?  If you haven't talked to me in person and only see updates on Facebook, my updates sound kind of wishy washy.  Its very easy for me to post the GOOD things that happen with the adoption, but the not so good things I tend to keep to myself.  I have stated from the beginning of the adoption that I never want someone to look at our struggles and change their mind on adoption.  But people also need to know, its not a walk in the park either, so finding that healthy balance for me is tough.  So, here it is, the good, the bad and the ugly! Haha!

Okay, now to get y'all caught up to where we are now.  Back in January we spent the whole month waiting on all of Beza's official documents to arrive from Ethiopia.  Once they came we were ready for the next step, that step is called the PAIR process.  So February 1st, with all those documents ready we sent them off to our Government.  Basically this is where the U.S. looks at all the documents that we have sent and they decide if there is sufficient evidence that Beza is legal for adoption to the U.S.  March 12, we received a letter stating that there was NOT sufficient evidence proving that we could adopt him.  They gave us a list of things they needed. They said you have 45 days to get all the new information to us, or risk a denial letter!  To say we were a bit heart broken would be an understatement. 

Some of you may remember this, but part of Beza's story is that he was abandoned 5 years ago.  Back 5 years ago, things ran differently in Ethiopia.  There was a different government body that was in place at that time, that placed orphans.  So the government body that's in place now, has no record of him and one of the things listed to collect was a letter from them. We have since gotten that part figured out and it ended up being pretty easy. :)  The other thing that was requested was police statements from the officers that found him.  This is the part that is proving very difficult.  Ethiopia just doesn't run like we do.  Our 45 days run out this Sunday and we have had to file for an extension.  So we have another 42 days this time.  There is lots of little details that have happened as well, lots of them are questions that I have?  Some don't sit well with me, but I also have to focus on what is best for Beza and at this time the answers to my questions are not relevant. 

I think there are many more days then not, where I question if this adoption will go through.  I've never cried so much in all my life!  This is by far the hardest thing I've ever done and I've had to do some hard things.  I was pregnant my senior year of high school. I was a military wife for 6 years and endured 4 deployments, 3 of which were a year long each.  I gave birth to our second child without Kenny.  I've bought a house, a car by myself, but nothing can prepare you for adoption.  There just isn't 2 adoptions that are alike! I do my best to stay in my routine, be around people so I don't have to think about it.  But the minute I am alone, I cant stop thinking about it.  It completely consumes you.  You plan life around it.

We do get excellent monthly updates about Beza  They usually include 4 or 5 pictures and even videos!  He has the most contagious smile and the biggest brown eyes! I just long to wrap him in my arms and snuggle and kiss him! We do get to send him packages too!  So all of this really makes the struggling SO worth it!

This is my new verse and I LOVE it! Short, sweet and to point!

You armed me with strength for battle. Psalm 18:39a

Please join us in prayer for these police letters.  God has been so good to us and so faithful through all of this.  He has really placed incredible people around us who daily encourage us and gives us new strength for each day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment